![]() |
| Final Advanced Sewing Project - Dress from McCalls Pattern |
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Beginning Sewing
I guess you could say SFL 185R - BYU's Beginning Sewing Construction Class - was the start of my sewing career. Previous to this I had dabbled in some sewing when I was younger, but nothing very significant. A baby carrier for my stuffed cat, a purple dress I created for myself by draping some fabric across my body and throwing a few stitches to hold it in place...for a few hours. And of course, a few blankets for friends. Though these experiences were pleasurable and probably contributed to my desire to learn about sewing, I can honestly say I had no idea when I entered this class how much it would change my life and how much I would enjoy what I was doing. The semester even yielded a few wearable projects, although I mostly felt the things that I made were learning experiences, and it inspired me to sew more and improve my skill level. The rest of this blog will be dedicated to documenting my sewing adventures, and sharing some tips and tricks I have found useful to improve your skills in sewing. I'll include some pictures of the projects I made in beginning sewing, so you can see that you shouldn't get discouraged when sewing, because often in the beginning projects won't turn out quite as well as you'd like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment