Saturday, October 9, 2010

Advanced Construction - Hooded Sweatshirt

Our first project, after learning about and completing some various pattern alterations, was to sew a hooded sweatshirt for ourselves.  I was so excited from the moment I heard about this project, which probably says something about how I typically dress :)  I searched everywhere for the perfect sweatshirt fabric material with matching ribbing. It proved to be much more difficult than I originally expected! After about a week of online and in store research, I concluded that JoAnns would probably be my best bet, and so I purchased a navy blue piece of fabric and got started.  I also selected a fun polka-dot print to go on the inside of the hood.
I think the thing that made this project most worthwhile for me was the fact that I was able to fit it to my size exactly.the only thing I would change for next time is just that I would try and select a thinner more pliable fabric, as this one is rather stiff and doesn't look as good on.  More pictures to follow once my nice camera is working again.
Finished Sweatshirt

No comments:

Post a Comment